This will be another short one, but I figured someone else will have run into this.
While I was doing a rework for a Veeam implementation, I noticed on several jobs that there were exclusions set inside the jobs. I wanted a list of all jobs with their respective exclusions, time for Powershell!
The script starts by getting a list of all Veeam jobs. Next, it will go through all jobs and look for objects that have the type “Exclude” set. What follows is a bit of code to match the job name to the different exclusions and dump everything into a CSV. I struggled a bit with getting the contents of the array listed properly in the CSV, I kept getting the array listed as “System Object”. Turns out I just needed to put the $VMExclusions variable between quotes.
The CSV will look something like this, the job name is listed on the left and the excluded objects on the right.
One last note, this script needs to be run from the Veeam server itself.
As always, you can find the most recent version of the script on Github. The initial version can be found below.